Creating a username for your Facebook business page make it easy to visit via the web, just like TechCaput on Facebook with the URL Facebook.com/TechCaput or fb.com/TechCaput. This makes it easier to remember and make your business more professional.
Changing the username on the Facebook page is easy and doesn’t require any eligibility before. But now, due to a lot of scams or unused pages being created every day on Facebook, so Facebook has set a few rules to reduce the rate of abandoned pages on Facebook.
After creating your Facebook page, then you want to change the username to match the page name, you may receive the following message:
You are Not Eligible to Create a Username
The Cause of the Error And Solution
You must be an administrator before you change your Facebook page username. However, the following conditions must be fulfilled before your page is eligible for a Username:
- The FB page must already have minimum of 25 Likes.
- You must not have created more than one fanpage lately
- Your personal Facebook account needs to be verified
- Your personal profile must not be newly created
- For your personal Facebook account, a username must be defined
The tips above is tested by us at TechCaput and I believe it should work for you as well.
Guidelines Around Creating a Custom Username For Facebook Page
Keep it in mind that creating a custom username for Facebook page or profile should follow Facebook rules:
- You can’t use a username that is already been used.
- Your username must be at least 5 characters.
- Your username should not impersonate someone else.
- Periods (“.”) and capitalization can’t be used to differentiate usernames. For example, johnsmith55, John.Smith55 and john.smith.55 are all considered the same username.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A–Z, 0–9) and periods (“.”). They can’t contain generic terms or extensions (.com, .net).
- Your username must adhere to the Facebook Terms.
You may not be able to immediately create a username for a new Page if you’ve recently created several new Pages. A Page’s username can also be removed because of inactivity.
All the guidelines was taken from Facebook website.
What If The Issues Persist?
You should contact Facebook customer support for help and probably fix it for you.